Friday, July 24, 2009

Back in Saudi

Wow, I just realized it's been a long time since my last post on my blog. I'm back in Saudi since the 13th of this month and the truth is that I just haven't had any spare time. We have a couple of deadlines in the next weeks and we have been working 12 hours a day. The other reason is that I moved to my new villa in Arabian Homes (I will write more about this next time) where I had no internet yet. Anyway, I'm enjoying a lot being back here. At work, we are entering a critical phase now, we have a lot of technical documentation to prepare and to submit but I really like my work and the responsibility. I have been working around 12 hours everyday and the days still seem to short. But it's not been work only, we have been to a party at the French embassy last week and it was great. We met a lot of other expats and we also found that, despite women are not allowed to work here and single women are not allowed to enter the country, there is one big exception: most of the nurses here in Saudi are foreigners. To my sister and friends who are nurses: I will find out how much they earn here and how to apply:).
We have also been shopping buying stuff for the new house. The villa was fully furnitured but there were some items missing in the kitchen.
Now, that I have internet at home again I'll be posting more regularly. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment