Monday, October 5, 2009

Gas Prices

I'm currently in Portugal and I just came from the gas station to fill my tank. I think I spent more money for gas the last week than in the 4 months I've so far been in Saudi altogether. And that's not because I drove that much, it's because gas in Saudi is so unbelievably cheap: 8 euro cents (10 $cents). In Saudi I fill my tank with 5 euros and the problem is that I get used to these prices!!! This is why American high consumption SUVs, pick-ups and jeeps sell so well in Saudi...you don't have to worry about filling the tank.
A painful reminder of the money our governments are making in taxes.

1 comment:

  1. ena pah... oh jan.... ja sabes... começa a fazer conmtrabando de gasóleo menz..... lha que com os preços dele aqui bem que enriquecias....

    eu tenho mas é de começar a ir aí abastecer.... :p

    ReplyDelete