Monday, October 26, 2009

Scotland

I finally got my visa last week. That means I'm going back to Saudi soon. I'm leaving Portugal today but will go to Scotland first for a couple of days. Scotland is where our fiber optics manufacturer has its premises and they will be running the FAT (Factory Acceptance Test). The FAT consist of a series of tests, carried out according to the IEC (International Electrotechnical Comission) standards, stressing the cable and the fiber optics, testing its pysical, optical and mechanical characteristics, like chromatic dispersion, attenuation, tensile strength, watertightness, bending radius, crusch resistance, etc.
These test are carried out before they start the production. I am going as a Thales representative and there will be customer representatives as well. When all the tests pass, we sign at the end and the production of the 2400km of fiber optics will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment