Thursday, October 15, 2009

Visa

This is the piece of paper missing in my passport and the reason for not having returned to Saudi yet. I need a new one since this one has expired, it was only valid for 6 months. It's a quite complex process to get a visa for Saudi and fortunately we have people at the company who handle this for us, but the letter of invitation contained inconsistent data and was rejected. The letter of invitation is written by the company in Saudi and submitted for approval to the Saudi Ministry of foreign affairs which, on its turn, forwards it (if approved) to the embassy in the respective country. The first letter cointained a mistake and the second one was sent to the wrong embassy. And each time it takes one more week. This mistakes are all because I'm with the Portuguese team but I am Dutch. But I'm OK with that, enjoying Portugal, the weather, my friends, having a great time!!! Probably staying 2 more weeks!!! And in the meantime have to go to Scotland to accompany the FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) of the fiber optics.

No comments:

Post a Comment